Saturday, January 03, 2009

It All Comes Together: Why Boy is Awesome

Happy Secular Humantist Appreciation Hour (past), Happy Nondenominational Winter Festival Week (past), Happy New Year: 2009 (just getting started)!

Over the past few weeks I have spent quality time with my family and Boy's family and have finally returned to home-base, only to spend our first day here rearranging it in a rather important way. From a two bedroom (one for me, one for him) apartment, we have consolidated into a one bedroom (for us) one office (for us, and a bed for guests) home. Tonight will be the first night in Our Bed. We are psyched. Another little commitment, but in the end it felt like we only slept apart when we were grumpy, and we'd rather not program that into our lives.

While we were staying at Boy's house (read: Boy's Family's Complex of Barns and Workshops and Outbuildings and Stuff), on New Years Eve, I got to watch him turn a hunk of solid aluminum into a beautiful, polished butt-plug. He did this on a very large lathe, and was very good about explaining each step to me as he went, and I paid attention. Mostly. Occasionally my mind wandered and I watched his hands.

In order to turn things on a lathe, you have to move a cutting point in two directions at once. At the same time you must move it parallel to the item you are turning, from the tip to the base where it is grasped by the lathe and spun, and you must move it in and out to form the curves you desire. This is accomplished by turning one wheel with one hand and another with the other, at the same time, with very slow, very precise, very careful movements, so that you do not cut too much too deeply all at once.

Here is what he made:

(The one on the left. He made the one on the right by himself, while I was off with my family.)

And I looked at his hands, each operating carefully and precisely, separate from the other but in conjunction to create the same thing, working towards the same goal, and I thought: Oh!

No wonder he's such a damn fine lover.



Flotsam and Jetsam:

The Great Sex Toy Project took a left turn at Albuquerque , but will be moving forward as scheduled, if not as planned. We are psyched. If you know of anybody who had already seen some of the stuff Boy makes and would be interested in talking to us about it, please direct them to the comments section of the blog or to clockstone.studios@gmail.com, for the time being.

Since going on Hormonal Birthcontrol (Yazmin, or actually Ocella, the off-brand of the same) about 5 months ago, I have noted a marked drop in my sex drive. Of course, my life has turned itself over about 15 times since then, so it could be due to a wide variety of Other Things, but if anybody has any thoughts on this or on how to get it back (herbal supplements, perhaps?) please drop a line.

Visit http://kinkforall.org. It's very cool.

Send me love.

Switch Out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Secular Humantist Appreciation Hour (past), Happy Nondenominational Winter Festival Week (past), Happy New Year: 2009 (just getting started)!

Aw, you missed the chance to say "Happy arbitrary gregorian calendar boundary condition." :)

No wonder he's such a damn fine lover.

Wow! Yeah, that is hot!

Visit http://kinkforall.org. It's very cool.

Thanks for the plug! :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Miss Jaye said...

Just a comment on the Yasmin (or its generic) - I had the same decreased libido when I was on Yasmin.
I was informed by my MD, that lowered libido is a common side effect of ALL oral birth control medication and in fact, Depression is also a very common side effect, of which I suffered needlessly for years due to the drug.
The horomones that birth control target regulate both; sex drive AND moods.
Once I stopped taking birth control - I chose the option of being surgically fixed as I have children and am older - my sex drive and my emotional contentment increased incredibily.
Please be aware of the tremendous side effects birth control can have, as it can interfer with your happiness.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BIG HUG AND MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!

I will be sending that info to a few people who were very interested in the present you gifted me with awhile back

10:37 PM  
Blogger sara. said...

yeah, HBC does that.

I kind of just ignored it and let the part of my brain that goes "you know you like sex, so ... do the thing that makes that happen" take over.

sucks tho. HBC is thumbs down. I'm trying to make my next method non-hormonal. what did you use before now?

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some herbal things to try:

* Ashwaghanda- Ayurvedic equivalent to ginseng however less heating. Assist in increasing sexual energy. It is a well-known semen promoter and it treats impotency and infertility.

* Ginko Biloba- Ginkgo biloba was reported to have a positive effect on all four phases of the sexual response cycle: desire, excitement (lubrication), orgasm, and resolution (afterglow).

* Gentian- Gentiana lutea radix powder is a tonic traditionally used to support optimal functioning in all organs of the body.

* Muira Puama- (Ptychopetalum olacoides) A health-enhancing plant widely consumed among the natives of the northern Amazon river basin as the bark of muirapuama. For centuries, this plant has been used to increase libido and improve sexual potency.

I'll look through my herbal and natural medicine books to see what else I can find for you. =)


Love,
Megsha

4:02 PM  
Anonymous libido killers said...

Hello friend, thanks for sharing this story about It All Comes Together: Why Boy is Awesome I really enjoyed reading, and I have a question where can I get this type of sex toy???

11:17 AM  
Anonymous female feet fetish said...

hi friends.The horomones that birth control target regulate both; sex drive AND moods.
Once I stopped taking birth control - I chose the option of being surgically fixed as I have children and am older - my sex drive and my emotional contentment increased incredibily. It's very intresting

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home